- CoStar has a fascinating piece examining the potential impact of new accounting rules on commercial real estate. The rules will change how leases are accounted. According to one chilling estimate, this could cost U.S. companies up to $1 trillion. The report is based on a new white paper by CBRE.
- Calculated Risk looks at the latest cap rate trends based on data from CBRE. According to the latest quarterly data, "ending at 8.71%, cap rates were up again. The 59 basis point gain is the largest quarterly increase we have ever measured, even trumping last quarter's previous record."
- Disney is talking to Apple in trying to figure out how to revamp its stores.
- A Reuters report looks at how troubles in commercial real estate could drive a string of bank failures.
- A major commercial real estate lender, Capmark Financial, is said to be near bankruptcy.
- In a more lighthearted piece, the popularity of chicken wings has made their wholesale prices more expensive than chicken breasts in recent months.
Here are some news and notes about retail and retail real estate from around the Web.