As commercial real estate values recover, wealthy individual investors are following institutional capital in chasing real estate yields, according to a story from Bloomberg. Data from Real Capital Analytics shows high net-worth individuals spent $2.1 billion on commercial real estate investments in 2010, almost four times the $579 million they spent on the sector in 2009.
For more on retail and retail real estate, follow the links below:
- First 3 Walmart Express Units Slated (Supermarket News)
- Moody's Real CPPI Trifurcation Continues (CRE Console)
- Future of American Eagle Still Uncertain (Post-gazette.com)
- The Retail Store of the Future (The Street)
- Barnes & Noble Auction Gets Case of Writer's Block (Reuters)
- Value-Conscious Shoppers Feed Growth of Discount Grocery Chains