Here are news and notes from around the Web today.
- Starbucks tries supermarket coupons to boost sales.
- Filene's Basement's new owner has upscale aspirations.
- Developer throws out four ideas as ways to revive dormant Filene's redevelopment.
- Barron's looks at commercial real estate's outlook.
- Wachovia's commercial real estate debt could pinch Wells Fargo.
- Owners of the Summit Park Mall in Buffalo filed for bankruptcy.
- Barneys to close two stores.
- Some of General Growth Properties' lenders have issues and raise concerns about the expansion of its bankruptcy filing.