Here are some news and notes on retail and retail real estate.
- Morgan Stanley says that we're less than halfway through the losses on commercial real estate.
- Retail Sails recaps the weekly same-store sales numbers.
- A column by David Lynn over at NREI looks at the risks troubled assets still pose commercial real estate.
- Another NREI story looks at how high-profile loan defaults have put institutional investors under the microscope.
- Forbes: "Commercial Real Estate: Big Troubles, Small Bailout"
- Commercial Investment Real Estate examined the alternatives for overleveraged properties.
- We posted a story about Ramco-Gershenson's recent announcements and a chart looking at projected commercial mortgage defaults.