Cousins Properties Inc. Craig N. Kaser has been named senior vice president, The Avenues, for Atlanta-based Cousins Property Inc. Kaser will be responsible for merchandising and leasing Cousins' new "Avenue" concept retail portfolio and for generating new "Avenue" development opportunities nationwide. Kaser has more than 20 years of experience in retail leasing, management, marketing and asset management.
The Athlete's Foot Group Inc. Robert J. Corliss has been appointed CEO of Atlanta-based The Athlete's Foot Group Inc. Most recently, Corliss served as president and CEO of Infinity Sports Inc., a subsidiary of Bike Athletic Co. Prior to that, Corliss served as CEO of Herman's Sporting Goods for three years. In his new position, Corliss will focus on the company's rapid expansion of the corporate and franchise store concepts. Pierre Serralta, who has served as president and CEO of The Athlete's Foot since 1992, will remain with the company through December to ensure a smooth transition. At the end of the year, Serralta will assume new responsibilites with The Athlete's Foot's parent company, Paris-based Rallye S.A.
Welsh Cos. Susan H. Lawrence has been promoted to president of the eastern region of Minneapolis-based Welsh Cos. In her new position, Lawrence will be responsible for operations in Welsh's Orlando and Naples/Fort Myers, Fla., offices, and will take a lead role in future company acquisitions. Lawrence will be instrumental in enhancing the company's financial and brokerage operations, service delivery and strategic planning. Prior to joining Welsh in November 1997, Lawrence served as president of Pizzuti Realty of Florida, and as national vice president of a Prudential Insurance Co. subsidiary.
CenterTrust Retail Properties Inc. David Newsome has been named vice president of development of Manhattan Beach, Calif.-based CenterTrust Retail Properties Inc. Newsome was formerly vice president of the Uhlmann Offices Inc. Under Newsome's leadership, the company plans to initiate an aggressive program of redevelopment of its portfolio as well as focus on new development opportunities.
Crown American Realty Trust In a restructuring of the company, Johnstown, Pa.-based Crown American Realty Trust has named Mark Pasquerilla vice chairman and president and John Kriak vice chairman and COO. Pasquerilla has been president since 1990; Kriak has been executive vice president and CFO since 1995. In addition, Terry Stevens, senior vice president and chief accounting officer, has been named CFO. John Washko, vice president and senior corporate controller, has been promoted to chief accounting officer. Also, Vince Vizza has been named regional vice president of leasing. Mike Fenchak has been appointed vice president of asset management, and George Lulos has been named senior vice president of development.
JDN Realty Corporation Steven P. Lane has been appointed vice president of development for Atlanta-based JDN Realty Corp. In his new role, Lane is responsible for the development of shopping centers throughout the western United States. Most recently, Lane served as real estate manager for Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and was responsible for new store development of Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters and Sam's Clubs in the western United States.
LaSalle National Bank LaSalle National Bank, Chicago, has annouced the formation of a Real Estate Capital Markets Group to provide long-term, non-recourse, fixed-rate commercial financing. Joseph M. Perri, senior vice president, will shift to the new division from LaSalle's Intermediate-Term Fixed-Rate Mortgage Division. Perri has more than 17 years of real estate experience with LaSalle and its affiliates. Also, Charles D. Krawitz joins LaSalle as a vice president from PNC Bank, where he served as vice president for Midwest conduit production. Both Perri and Krawitz will be regional originations managers. Trevor B. Cain also joins the originations staff as vice president. Cain was most recently an assistant vice president in real estate at Bank One in Chicago. Perri, Krawitz and Cain will help establish LaSalle's new Real Estate Capital Markets Group as a conduit leader, according to the company.
Robert K. Futterman & Associates Robert Cohen has been named senior managing director of New York-based Robert K. Futterman & Associates LLC. Most recently, Cohen served as managing director of Garrick-Aug where he worked alongside Robert Futterman, who left the company in July to open his own shop.
Sonnenblick-Goldman Co. Chris Nobuyuki Yamada has been named senior vice president of the Los Angeles office of New York-based Sonnenblick-Goldman Co. Yamada will be responsible for maintaining and establishing relationships with Asian investors who own real estate or have loans on U.S. and foreign real estate assets. Yamada was previously an executive vice president with Mitsui Real Estate Sales U.S.A. Co. Ltd.
William E. Simon & Sons Realty Philip T. Fitzgerald has been appointed vice president of Los Angeles-based William E. Simon & Sons Realty. With an expertise in finance, Fitzgerald was previously a founding partner of Griffin Capital, a firm primarily engaged in originating, structuring and distributing debt and equity securities for real estate and related transactions.
Management Reports Inc. Richard J. Maxwell has been appointed COO of Management Reports Inc., a Cleveland-based information solutions company. In his more than 20 years of experience in international software and consulting management, Maxwell served as president and CEO of his own start-up company, Enterprise Knowledge Systems Inc. Maxwell also helped expand the software support division at Digital Equipment Corp.
Schostak Brothers & Co. Inc. Cindy Ciura has been named corporate marketing director for Southfield, Mich.-based Schostak Brothers & Co. Inc. Ciura will direct and oversee all corporate and property marketing, advertising and public relations initiatives. Previously, Ciura served as a consultant to Schostak Brothers as president of Cierra Creative, a retail consulting firm. Prior to that, Ciura was corporate marketing director for Forbes Cohen Properties.
Retail Planning Associates Kenneth Martell has been named vice president of retail strategy for Columbus, Ohio-based Retail Planning Associates. Martell will direct RPA's staff of retail strategists in the application of the latest consumer behavior research methodologies. Martell joins RPA from The Taubman Co., Bloomfield Hills, Mich.,where he was director of asset management research.
Also at RPA, Chris Kiminas has been appointed vice president of sales and marketing for Trellis, the company's proprietary retail software. Most recently, Kiminas was regional vice president of sales for The Ultimate Software Group, Fort Lauderdale, Fla., where he directed sales and marketing efforts throughout the Midwest and East for the industry's first 32-bit human resources management system (HRMS).
In addition, Janet Groeber has been named director of communications and new business development. Most recently, Groeber was editor and associate publisher of VM+SD, a retail design magazine. In her new role, Groeber will oversee RPA's professional associations with industry organizations, as well as participate in retail forums in the United States and abroad.
U.S. Factory Outlets Inc. Michael Metrose has been appointed vice president in charge of non-apparel for New York-based U.S. Factory Outlets Inc. Prior to joining U.S. Factory Outlets Inc. in October 1997, Metrose served as a buyer for Channel Home Centers, Consumers, Distributors, Gaylords and S.E. Nichols.
Transwestern Property Co. Thom Ridnour has been promoted to senior vice president of development services for Dallas-based Transwestern Property Co. Ridnour has 19 years of commercial real estate experience and has served in numerous capacities with Transwestern.
Also at the company, Moody Younger has been named vice president and Joe Merritt has joined as senior marketing director. Younger will be responsible for the generation of new business opportunities in the Dallas area. Previously, he was vice president for Compass Management and Leasing. Merritt will be responsible for increasing Transwestern's tenant representation capabilities in Dallas, as well as providing clients with project leasing service.
Little & Associates Architects Carolyn Rickard-Brideau has been promoted to president of the Washington, D.C., regional office of Charlotte, N.C.-based Little & Associates Architects. Most recently, Rickard-Brideau was senior project manager in Little's Charlotte office. Rickard-Brideau has been with the company since 1995. Prior to that, she held positions with Fairfax, Va.-based Burke, Smith and Fong; Alexandria, Va.-based Architectural Design Group; and Washington-based Jefferson Architects.
U.S. Postal Service Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation (Required by 39 U.S.C. 3685)
1. Publication Title: Shopping Center World
2. Publication No. 00490393
3. Filing Date: 9/18/98
4. Issue Frequency: Monthly
5. No. of Issues Published Annually - 13
6. Annual Subscription Price: $79
7. Complete Mailing Address of Known Office of Publication: 6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W., Suite 200, Atlanta, Ga. 30339-2941
8. Complete Mailing Address of Headquarters or General Business Office of Publisher: 9800 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, Kan. 66212
9. Full Names and Complete Mailing Address of Publisher, Editor and Managing Editor: Publisher - John Davis, Group Publisher, PRIMEDIA Intertec, 6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W., Atlanta, Ga. 30339-2941; Editor - Matt Valley, PRIMEDIA Intertec, 6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W., Atlanta, Ga. 30339-2941; Managing Editor - Vicki Phillips, PRIMEDIA Intertec, 6151 Powers Ferry Road, N.W., Atlanta, Ga. 30339-2941
10. Owner: PRIMEDIA Inc., 745 Fifth Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10151
11. Known Bondholders, Mortgagees and Other Security Holders Owning or Holding 1 Percent or More of Total Amount of Bonds, Mortgages or Other Securities: N/A
13. Publication Name: Shopping Center World
14. Issue Date for Circulation Data Below: September 1998
15. Extent and Nature of Circulation: A. Total no. of copies: 1) Average no. of copies each issue during preceding 12 months - 41,623; 2) Actual no. of copies of single issue published nearest to filing date: 40,850; B. Paid and/or requested circulation: 1) Sales through dealers and carriers, street vendors and counter sales (a) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - N/A; (b) Actual no. of single issue published nearest to filing date - N/A; 2) Paid or requested mail subscriptions: (a) Average no. of copies each issue during preceding 12 months - 35,267; (b) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - 35,231; C. Total paid and/or requested circulation: 1) Average no. copies each issue during the preceding 12 months - 35,267; 2) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - 35,231; D. Free distribution by mail: 1) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - 2,299; 2) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - 2,890; E. Free distribution outside the mail: 1) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - N/A; 2) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - N/A; F. Total Free Distribution: 1) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - 2,299; 2) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - 2,890; G. Total distribution: 1) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - 37,566; 2) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - 38,121; H. Copies not distributed: 1) Office use, left over, unaccounted, spoiled; (a) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - 4,057; (b) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - 2,729; 2) Return from news agents: (a) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - N/A; (b) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - N/A; I. Total: 1) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - 41,623; 2) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - 40,850. Percent paid and/or requested circulation: 1) Average no. copies each issue during preceding 12 months - 93.9%; 2) Actual no. copies of single issue published nearest to filing date - 92.4%
16. This Statement of Ownership will be printed in the November 1998 issue of this publication.
17. A) Signature and Title of Editor, Publisher, Business Manager, or Owner: John Davis, Group Publisher; B) Date 9/28/98.