Whole Foods Market Inc. said Tuesday it has closed the sale of 35 Henry's and Sun Harvest Stores that it picked up in the acquisition of rival organic food grocer Wild Oats Markets Inc.
Austin-based Whole Foods said proceeds of the sale to a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Smart & Final Inc. were $166 million.
The Henry's stores are located in California, and the Sun Harvest stores are in Texas. The sale also included a distribution center in Riverside, Calif.
Here are some other posts on Whole Foods.
- August 23, Whole Foods' Market Hall Store
- August 23, FTC Ruling Says Whole Foods' Rivals Are Other Supermarkets
- August 15, Whole Foods/Wild Oats Details Slip
- June 20, Whole Foods Blog
- June 6, Government Moves to Block Whole Foods/Wild Oats Merger
- February 22, Around the Web